Thursday, May 21, 2009

Learning

I heard that distance learning is not a good tool for change management.
I agree on that. Change management depends on many other factors, and I feel it cannot be outsourced.
Change is a personal responsibility.

Distance learning is not a good tool for change management, it is just a good and efficient tool for learning. Of course, a fool with a tool is still a fool.

I also hear that some distance learning vendors are more interested in helping themselves than in serving their customers.

This is not new. Since the old days of snake oil, some salespersons have pushed anything to make a buck. Distance learning will not change that.

You can learn how to cheat, or you can learn how to act like a decent person, but as long as the rules of the game give the largest prize to the bigger liar, some people will go on learning (remotely or not) to be the best liar they can.
Caveat emptor, they say...
Change begins inside.
I can't blame my teacher if I don't want to change.

Fungus

No comments:

Post a Comment