Monday, June 29, 2009

Esteem

Lets suppose that...
1. My self esteem is an indicator of how well I am doing.
2. I am doing well if I add value to my community.

My self esteem can be expressed as the quotient of the value I have added to the community divided by the value that I reckon I should have added. If I am as good as I can be, my self esteem is 1.00 (or 100%). If I did not make my best effort to prepare my class, then my self esteem is hurt, and I may get 0.95.

Self esteem (aka conscience) is the measure of what I do compared with what I should do.
Subjective? You bet!

If my Project-to-Live includes respecting others, and I don't respect them, my self esteem lowers.

The late Mr. Alphonse Capone's Plan-to-Live included zero tolerance for people who did not pay on time. Late payments would have affected his Plan to Live, and his self respect (and his self esteem) would have lowered.

Fungus

No comments:

Post a Comment