Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mirror

A good friend asked me what are my top three pain points, and how do I deal with them.

I've never read Schiller, but Isaac Asimov in "The gods themselves" quotes him as saying that: "Against stupidity The gods themselves Contend in vain."

My nominees are:
Third place: Stupid peers that are so stubborn to open their eyes (and ears) to understand my point of view. Stupid peers that don't support my hidden agenda.

Second place: Stupid bosses that do not express themselves with enough clarity that I understand what they want me to do. Also stupid bosses that freely (of their own free will) believe that I want to do what they want me to do.

First place. Me.

How can I get around the pain point which is me?
By looking inside and laughing at what I find.
Once I solve this small problem, I'll tell you what to do about the other two pains in the neck.

Fungus

1 comment:

  1. Jean-Paul Sartre said, "Hell is other people." he was right.

    Unfortunately as you point out, I am "other people".

    Tom Kleese
    Dodgeville, Wisc.

    ReplyDelete